Sunday, October 5, 2008

Utah





Three of the last 4 years I have come down to Park City in October for some altitude and dry sunny weather, hopefully returning to skiing in Alaska in mid-October. After staying home last fall I figured I needed to come back down. After training in one place for the past 15 years a change of scene can be golden. I started coming down in the fall of 2004 when the US Ski Team had open camps here before they moved back to Lake Placid. That year I decided this place was amazing in the fall. Good weather, long paved climbs, great single track running, and a rollerski track to boot. 

So this year I am back and rolling solo for two weeks on my last pre fatherhood trip. It is a little different not having a coach or consistent training partner with me but a little solitude suits me well. Train, sleep, train, watch the playoffs, repeat. Not a bad life. Here are a few pics from my Friday afternoon mountain bike to the top of the Canyons. 

No comments: